Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Eye Candy

Spent the afternoon in Tim Horton's having coffee with my "knitting gals" and catching up on the past two weeks of news and knitting projects. I brought along the finished back of my Bonsai Tunic which was 'o-o-h'd and aw-ed' over appropriately. Had fun showing the gals patterns from the new One Skein Book by Leigh Radford which I picked up at Michael's, using my 40% off coupon (I am half Scottish, after all!). I'm dying to get started on the baby bolero, but MUST finish at least the Bonsai Tunic, first.

Stopped by the grocery store and picked up all the makings for Mango Chutney, which I'll either do tonight, or tomorrow afternoon when I get home from work. It's so wonderful with either pork or salmon! I'll have to make a double batch, as the last one disappeared far too quickly.


What a treat! My friend came back from Germany with a wonderful present of 3 balls of Panda bamboo/cotton yarn in a yummy chocolate colour ... beautiful sheen and so silky soft, it's unbelievable! Love it! H-m-m-m ... I think I see a lace scarf in my future.

Also loving the colourway of my first ever skein of Koigu (made in Canada, eh?) yarn, found on ebay. Think I might make a pair of Christine's Booties and hopefully there'll be enough left for a little hat.

I was playing in my cardroom this weekend, with some wonderful new papers from a company called "Tres Jolie". They have the most amazing double-sided paper, in absolutely gorgeous patterns ... a bit 'shabby chic' in design.
I
Finally found a use for the rhinestone brads I had to buy ... they're perfect in the middle of my Quickutz daisy! I never seem to have a gift card handy for those tiny baby gifts, so used up my bits and pieces to make a few.

1 comment:

Romi said...

I love your cards! :)