Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Baby Shrug and Bump Update

As seen above, I'm in the process of knitting the Baby Shrug from One Skein, by Leigh Radford, in a yummy shade of my current favorite 'green', made by Phildar and called 'Aviso' (purchased for a 'song' at the LYS closeout previously mentioned here). It's a cotton/acrylic blend, very similar to my much loved Rowan All Season's Cotton (RASC). It called for a provisional cast on, and as I was deliberating over having a contrasting border (the rib border goes all the way around the bottom, front and neck edges) I used a creamy colour of RASC to see if I liked it together. Still haven't decided .. care to weigh in? Note: I'll be making a hat to match, so the border would also surround the bottom of the hat.

Below is Kala, at the 20 week mark (over 1/2 way there!) on Mother's day. How cute is that bump?!

No comments: