Thursday, February 28, 2008

Spring Has Sprung

I was pleasantly surprised to be presented with this award from Stacey ... gee, shucks ... thanks a lot ... I'm honoured!

Now, I'm meant to pass it along to ten others whose blogs make my day ... thanks to all of you who work so hard to bring so much pleasure to those of us who read your blogs!

Rachel
Mamie
The A.D.D. Knitter
Saartje
Anne
Tara
Laura
Marianne
Anny
Adam

Hard to believe that less than a month ago, all of this was covered in 8" of snow ... now, we have all this wonderful colour!


I love my winter pansies! All winter, they've been sitting in a pot, just outside my patio door, so I can look at something colourful and happy while I'm knitting.

Now, for the knitting content! Here is another recently completed pair of 'fetching gloves' made from Malabrigo yarn in a really dark green/blue combo. I know, it seems odd to be knitting mitts when the Spring flowers are blooming, but the a.m.'s can still be chilly, especially when you're walking to school. Our granddaughter, who spent the weekend with us, scooped these up for herself. This yarn is sooooo yummy ... I could easily get quite addicted. Thanks a lot for the enabling, Stacey. She loves this yarn, too. It took about 1/2 a skein to make a pair, so hopefully, I'll get another pair out of it for me.


I've been working on the sleeves to my D.B. cardigan which should be finished this evening. Next blog update will likely be the unveiling of the end result! I can hardly wait to wear it ... this yarn is incredibly soft.

I found this photo in my archives of our oldest, with her youngest, wearing two of my handknits. The shawl was my own pattern, knit from Super 10 cotton yarn on huge needles ... basically garter stitch, with a yarn over on the edge to create both the increases and the lacey edging. The pullover was my first official attempt at cabling. The entire body was moss stitch (yawn!) and then the yoke, back and front, was all cables. This is the sweater that got me hooked on cables! If memory serves me correctly, it was a Sirdar pattern, and the yarn was Sirdar Country Style in an tweedy brown.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, my spring really has sprung where you are. We still have snow on the ground.

Love the shawl, I knit a great many shawls as I use them outside all the time when we are camping.

Rachel said...

Very nice pictures, and thanks for nominating me!

Marianne said...

Isn't it just wonderful to see all the signs of spring coming ?
Love the Fetchings !
And thanks for nominating me ! I haven't been posting lately but I won't forget in my next one :-)

Virtuous said...

Just now playing catch up!

YES!! Another person hooked on Malabrigo!! ;op It has wonderful yardage! And the fetchings came out really nice....beward since it is 100% wool - 1 ply it may fuzz and pill easily with all the wear with the hands!

Now that is a fun treat to come across that pic!!! Nice!

Hope you had a great weekend!

Tara said...

FINALLY catching up on your blog! (and no, I didn't forget you nominated me, I'll get to it this week, promise). I'm so envious of the West coast for the early Spring (of course, Japan was nice too). An entire sweater in moss stitch? Ugh.