Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Invasion of the Monster Zucchini

This thing has to weigh at least 10 lbs!!!!! We've had quite a bit of rain this week, so I haven't been out to check on the plants. Last time I looked, there wasn't even a tiny one to be seen ... then look what happens. It was a beautiful, warm, sunny day today so as I was wandering around the backyard with the dog, I thought I'd take a look under those HUGE leaves and see if there was anything lurking ... oh, yeah.

Check out how many I picked ... three monsters and 2 small ones. Thank goodness I happened on Adam's blog this a.m., where he was extolling the virtues of his zucchini cake recipe. Guess what I'll be making tonight????? ... and likely for the next week and beyond!

Here's a peek at the EZ Surplice Sweater found in the Summer 2007 Vogue. I didn't really give it a second glance when I flipped through the magazine initially, because truthfully, I wasn't overly impressed with the stripey pattern or the colour choices (alright, I thought it was downright ugly!!!). However, I have since become enthralled with all things "Elizabeth Zimmerman" and decided to give it a 'go', minus all the extra colours/way too many stripes. I'm using my ever favorite Scheepjes 'Donna', in an olive and pumpkin combination which should be suitable to celebrate the upcoming birth of my cousin's son-to-be. I like that it 'grows' with the baby and therefore should fit him for at least a little longer than it took me to knit it!

No comments: