Wednesday, August 29, 2007

She Scores!

I taught my first class this week and was very pleased with how it all turned out. One of the ladies (who is also a knitter) was bemoaning the fact that her favorite baby yarn has been discontinued and she couldn't find it anywhere. I asked her which one it was ... Sirdar Chunky Magic ... and it turns out I had a stash of it from when I worked in the yarn store. I was happy to part with it and she was so delighted, she bought it all! Which of course, gave me some play money, which I, of course, used to purchase more yarn! Feast your eyes below on Hello Yarn's Fat Sock in the 'Green Man' colourway. I'm thinking this will become a "Baby Surprise Jacket", by Elizabeth Zimmerman. I currently have about three of her books out of the library and am amazed at her thought process.

Next up is a major 'score' from Elann! I got the last 4 balls of Rowan Cashsoft in this wonderful sandy colour and it only cost me $18 cdn!!! It's the first time I've bought this yarn and can't believe how amazingly soft it is ... and thankfully, made of extra fine merino and cashmere (along with something synthetic) so no itching, sneezing or hives. Bonus!

I spent some time today designing some cards for an upcoming class. It will feature the Basic Grey Rub on flourishes, which are so fun to work with and add such a nice touch to the cards.

No comments: