Monday, August 6, 2007

Family in Town from Scotland

My cousin Shonagh, her husband Tony and two daughters, Vaila & Iona are visiting from Scotland for a week, returning home tomorrow evening. They have covered so much ground, it's unbelievable! Over to Victoria one day; up to Whistler another day; Grouse Mountain & Capilano Suspension Bridge another day; The Art Museum, & Stanley Park for a picnic and cycling; then to The Teahouse for dinner and Theatre Under the Stars for the musical "Grease". Whew! We met up with them on Saturday evening for dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Gastown. Shonagh had good memories of the restaurant when she was last over with her mom and siblings at the age of 11. I was amazed at how much she remembered, in detail, about that trip. She even remembered the title of the movie I had taken them all to. I had no clue!

I hadn't been downtown for ages (we're a good hour+ away) and loved every minute, vowing to get down there more often! Here's a picture of my Mom, Shonagh and me in the back, with Vaila and Iona in the front. Such nice girls ... I wish they all lived much closer. It felt a little strange looking at the girls and seeing the same shaped eyes looking back. I remember thinking that if I'd had biological children, they quite likely would have looked like the girls.

We hadn't seen each other since 2000 (the last time I was in Scotland) so we had lots to catch up on. We just seem to pick up where we left off and continue on. Hopefully it won't be too long between now and our next visit!

In my next update, I'll show you one of my WIP's ... yet another baby blanket. The mother of the child-to-be (a non-knitter) decided that the first one I made was no longer going to suit, as it's 'green' and she has now decided that all should be 'cream' :P ******* First, I punched her ... then I told her this was the last blanket and the last colour change ... don't you know it takes me almost two months to make one of those things ... then I advised her that if she even entertained the thought of throwing it in the dryer, she would be struck off the knitting list for good. So there!

No comments: