Thursday, December 20, 2007

"Silver Belle's, Silver Belle's"

No, that is not a spelling error ... I'm referring to VK Debbie Bliss Silver Belle pattern. Go here to see and download the free pattern. Stacey at Crimson Purl let me know that she has a KAL for this amazing sweater ... so heads up girl, I'll be joining!

Last week I did a little online ebay Christmas shopping for myself :) and discovered this fabulous deal from one of my fave British vendors. Although the pattern calls for Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran (my all time favorite!) this is a comparable quality yarn at half the price and, wait for it ... the shipping cost was included!

The yarn is called: "Jaeger Extra Fine Merino" and the colour is "Blue Star". Best of all, because it is extra fine merino, I can happily knit with wool without getting the sneezy, itchy, runny nose grumpies! Could life be any better? My sister is likely reading this and shaking her head. Not a knitter herself, she sometimes thinks I'm 'a brick short' ... when I 'wax eloquent' about my wool scores.

Oh, and a pair of Christmas 'Christine's booties' to go with the hat previously shown here. We're still waiting for the arrival of our son-in-law's, brother's first baby, who is actually due today. We don't know the sex, but I thought, being Christmas and all, that red would work for either and be kinda cute.

Specs:

approx. 1/2 ball Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in red
Set of size 3mm metal sock needles
Pattern: Christine's Booties
Changes: 2 x 2 rib for cuff
Crocheted a chain stitch for ribbon. Used yarn doubled.

As you know, I've made this same pattern several times over in the past few months :) and have to say that this yarn beats out any other to date. The stitch definition is incredible; the softness you want to drown in and best of all, it's machine washable! Just don't put it in the dryer. Also, it's the perfect size for newborn, but will stretch to fit to at least 3 months +, so they'll at least wear it longer than it took me to knit it!

Well, you may or may not hear from me again until after Christmas, so I'll take a moment now to wish you a happy holiday season as we celebrate the birth of the Saviour.
"May the Spirit of Christmas fill your heart with love and joy; and may the joy of the season last all year."

5 comments:

Gail said...

Merry Christmas, Kerry! (that Jaeger yarn looks yummy)

Virtuous said...

LOL @ when you 'wax eloquent' about my wool scores.

I am so doing mine in Jaegar yarn as well in the mustard!

Hope you can get the pattern printed off...Oh! Or just go to kinko's and have them print it up in a very large print!! YAH!

I love your Christmas wishes! Thank you!

Merry Christmas to you too!!
Many favor & blessings in the new year!

Marianne said...

Oh, I really like that pattern too !
And the yarn you bought for it is really yummy :-)
Merry Christmas to you too !

Tara said...

I love working with Jaeger. So soft!

chatgarou said...

Hi!
I really want to knit this pattern. However can't seem to find any place to download it. all of the site that had it is either doesn't host it anymore or just a brick wall on my face. Is it possible for you to maybe e-mail it to me? please? I really appreciate it!

btw, I'm a tropical knitter trying to stock enough knitted clothes for my immediate move to europe. you can contact me at : buku4me at gmail dot com

-astried-