Monday, November 24, 2008

This and that ...

We've spent the last 17 days going back and forth to the hospital and also to my m-i-l's place. My f-i-l was hospitalized with severe viral pneumonia and had a heart attack the same day he was admitted, due to the fact that he wasn't getting sufficient oxygen into his body. He has been in ICU, on a respirator ever since. He's holding his own, although there has been little improvement, so all prayers are appreciated! My m-i-l is particularly finding it difficult as he was her primary care-giver and she finds it lonely without him, so we're over there everyday. We've been having challenges getting home help set up, but may have rounded the corner on that one today, thankfully!

Although I've been knitting like a fiend, I can't show you much as they're all Christmas Gifts! I can tell you that many a Tudora, Fetching, and Foliage (from Knitty.com) has been made (using Malabrigo, of course!), along with 2 Ascots (from Interweave Gifts '07) ... love this pattern!!!

Below also are two Knitting Magazines I picked up while waiting in the Edinburgh bus depot ... look at all of those fabulous knitted ornaments! I've yet to make one ...



BTW, to my American friends, "Happy Thanksgiving", coming up later this week!

Thought you might enjoy a few pumpkin pictures, in honour of the upcoming occasion.






5 comments:

Tara said...

Those are some great pictures of your little munchkin, gramma! I wish I'd been sensible and just knit Fetchings and Foliage for everyone, but noooooo, I'm casting on lace stoles and socks!

Virtuous said...

Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes!

I pray your family's health during this time.

And can't wait to see all your Xmas gifts once they are unveiled!

Great pumpkin pics - precious! :o) He has gotten big!

mames said...

praying for your f-i-l. hope his recovery comes quickly and allows everyone some calm and happy holidays.

and the grandson, sweetness personified. i love the last photo, trying to eat the pumpkin.

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you and your family, hoping your FIL makes a substantial recovery.
btw, the baby is adorable.

Rachel said...

Great pictures, and I hope things work out better for you and your family!