Sunday, March 16, 2008

Onward and Upward ...

Further to my last entry ... well, after scrutinizing the pattern again, I finally found the error! On the back, after the decreases for the raglan, it says to then knit 21 rows of st. st. however, on the sleeve, it said to only knit 5 rows. So, after frogging (rip it, rip it) back to the end of the decreases, I added another 16 rows of st. st. to add up to 21 rows,and the sleeves are now the correct length ... thank you very much! Now all I have to do is sew them in and I'll be done like dinner.

We were babysitting last night and of course had to take some pics of our little cutie with both grandma ...

and grandpa ... who was whispering rude noises into E.than's ear, hence all the hilarity!

Although this cardigan has been completed and blogged about previously here, I hadn't got around to finding buttons for the closure. At first, I had thought I would want a toggle shaped button, but when I saw these ones, changed my mind.

I borrowed this pattern from a friend ... I believe it was in one of those little Vogue hardcover books ... it's called 'Baby Bunny Jacket' (I chose to omit the ears) and was designed by Darlene Hayes ... sorry, that's all the info I've got!

It's a size one, but I think that if we roll the sleeves up a bit, it may fit the baby sooner. His dad had a deja vu moment when he realized that he'd had a very similar hoodie as a child.

I was at Costco last week and discovered a huge bag of jerky treats for the dog that are made solely of duck. B.rinkley has food and environmental allergies, which often turns into hot spots and staff infection, so I have to be careful what he eats, particularly avoiding wheat products. I was really hoping that these treats would work, and that he'd like them. I didn't need to worry ... he blasts in the living room, glares pointedly at me, thumps me on the knee for good measure and then, when I asked him what he wanted, immediately starts heading for the kitchen. It's almost as though he's saying "come on mom ... I'll show ya!" He parked himself in front of the cupboard (he knew exactly where they were kept) and then pointed at it with his paw. My hubby couldn't believe it when I told him to 'watch', so he had to take a photo.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Nice job on the cute little cardigan/hoodie. Do you mind sharing where you got the pattern? I really like its timeless look, and I'd maybe like to try knitting it for my kids.

Very cute dog, too. Golden Retriever, right? My sister used to have two, and wow were they smart critters!

Are you really a grandma? You surely don't look it!

Unknown said...

Glad you figured out the problem with the sleeves.

I love the hoodie/sweater. Such a cute pattern. Don't think it will ever go out of style.

Romi said...

Oh, so precious! And the sweater is very cool, too. :)

NH Knitting Mama said...

The sweater is beautiful! Your grandbaby is just darling, too. Lucky you!

Cicely said...

Aww Very cutteee Grandma
(the sweater ANNDD the babbyy(Whom igotta babysit today))

craft-chick said...

Wow, I love the little cardigan, you did a great job!

Tara said...

Aw, such a cutie! Nice buttons on the cardi, too. I should be finishing Maxime's Trellis soon, I'll see if I can find similar ones!