Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sunny Day

The Soiree was a big hit, with all attendees thoroughly enjoying themselves and lots of great compliments on the 'make and take' projects. I'm definitely due for a raise!! I was so pooped out after the event, that I was completely useless the following day and did nothing but lay around in my sweats and drink tea. All is well now, and I'm up and at it again! Thanks for your lovely comments about the projects! I've yet to meet another knitter who didn't have another craft or talent up his/her sleeve. We're just a multi-talented bunch!

It's a beautiful sunny day, here in the Pacific Northwest, albeit freezing cold. It was -6 C this morning when I woke up. Thank goodness for down duvets! Too bad I'm not finished my Silver Belle yet, because it would have been the perfect day to wear it. The first sleeve and one front are finished and the 2nd one is about 3/4's complete. What an enormous amount of knitting! I have a permanent cramp in my mouth from holding onto the cable needle between required uses. My husband is actually starting to understand my clenched responses to his questions. It took me awhile, but I've pretty much memorized the pattern which makes it so much easier. I'm about 'done' with the seed stitch pattern, though. Definitely not my favorite. I can see that I'm going to have to do some serious blocking once I'm done knitting this. That ripple has got to go!

To me, the edge of the sleeve looks a bit too unfinished, so I think I may do a horizontal cable trim to finish it off. I saw it elsewhere and thought it was brilliant, so I'm just going to be a copy-cat!

I finished knitting this bamboo lace scarf ages ago, but didn't get around to blocking it until this week. I decided to take the plunge and do a full wet block, which worked out beautifully! This pattern was created by a friend of mine and is quite effective and easily memorized.

Modeling, while taking a self portrait is no small feat! I love the softness and sheen of this yarn ... it was purchased as a gift for me by a friend while she was in Germany.
Lastly, a package arrived from 'over the pond' yesterday, with 20 more balls of Jaeger Extra Fine Aran in a lovely Aubergine shade. Think 'merlot' rather than purple. I really like this yarn and since it's been discontinued thought I'd take the opportunity to snap it up. I'm thinking it may become a "Rogue Hoodie" (minus the pouch in the front). I'm definitely on a 'cable kick' at the moment.

10 comments:

mames said...

oooh, so many lovely knits to SEE! I hear you on the seed stitch. i used to hate it but once i conquered the continental technique for purling i was so much faster and smoother. pow purling is bearable. cannot wait to see the rogue. btw: do you have a name for the yarn in the scarf project, it is lovely.

Virtuous said...

Nice progress on SB...yeah not sure what I will do about that unfinished look either, but have plenty of time to think on that since I have yet to get started! ;op

I am lovin that color for your hoodie! That will look really nice!

Tara said...

Great Hoodie (thanks for the enabling!). And that bamboo lace is giving me scarf envy.

Unknown said...

I love the look of your scarf.

You find such lovely yarn colours.

Marianne said...

I'M sure you will get rid of the ripple :-) The scarf looks really pretty, very nice yarn and color.
The color of your new yarn is georgeous, Rogue is a good choice !

Charles said...

Lovely~~
I can't wait to see your finsh tops!

Also chack out my knitting blog too see what to think ..if have a time! Also leave tyour comment too!

Thanks~

Charles

Macoco said...

Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog!

Your Silver Bell is coming along so nicely. I love that shade of blue.

Tara said...

Hey Sereknitty. I've tagged you for a meme on my blog. Feel free to tell me to stuff it (it's my first time). :)

Rachel said...

Isn't bamboo yarn the nicest stuff? I just love the drape and sheen. Lovely!

What pattern are you using for the Silver Belle sweater? It's beautiful, and I might like to try it for myself. I love cables, too.

Have you ever tried learning to cable without a cable needle? There's a great tutorial on Grumperina's blog, and it's WELL worth the time spent learning. Knitting cables is my favorite knitting, and not having to use a cable needle anymore has saved me HOURS of knitting (and swearing, from losing my cable needle, lol!)

You've got some beautiful projects going there!

Maria said...

My daughter is home reading the blogs I follow, yours being one of them. She really likes the hoodie, as do I. May we ask what yarn you used and the where abouts of the pattern?

Maria