Saturday, November 20, 2010

Another Meret!

***Updated 11/23 with photo 'stolen' from recipients Facebook, to show her wearing it at school, with many covetous comments from her friends ... :)



"Grandma, I need another hat please, in purple", was the plea. This, after having worn last year's cream coloured beret nearly on a daily basis. How could I refuse?

Pattern: Meret
Yarn: 1 ball Cascade 200, in 'Amethyst'
Modifications: made size L, with 2 extra repeats of lace for added slouch.
Finishing: Lightly blocked over a dinner plate, taking care not to stretch the ribbing.


Having recently coloured her hair much darker than intended, it was actually perfect with the purple!

I'm not sure how I feel about the way it's worn here, dangling off the back of the head. I'd prefer to see it worn a bit further forward, but it's all about the hair and not about the warmth, right?

2 comments:

Tara said...

Hah! Yup, berets are all about the look, and have nothing to do with warmth.

Preeti said...

That Meret looks good! It's great that she does your handknits proud!!! And I agree with Tara...it's all about the look ;)