Sunday, February 25, 2007

Baby on the way

We've recently been told that my husband and I will become grandparents again somewhere around the beginning of October '07. My husband comes by this title honestly, while I have inherited the status (with pleasure!) when I married him almost 11 years ago. He brought two daughters into our marriage who will this year turn 30 and 28. The oldest has two children: a girl who is 13 and a boy who is 10. It is our youngest (married last June) who gave us the happy news!

We also have a very large golden retriever who is 6 1/2 years old (whom I consider to be my "child replacement") who also has a paper fetish!



While I'm at home recovering from a recent health issue, I have oodles of time to devote to my favorite past-times, which are knitting (firstly) and secondly, card making. I can hardly wait for the first ultrasound, where hopefully, I'll be told the sex of the baby and can get going on some more 'gender specific items'.

I started on a Debbie Bliss baby sweater in Baby Cashmerino (can't remember which book it came from!) in a yummy dijon yellow colour ... size 0-3 months ... all blocked and ready for sewing ... my least favorite part of the project.


No comments: