Thursday, September 16, 2010

Strawberry Tea Leaves Cardigan




Details:

Pattern: Tiny Tea Leaves Cardigan
Size: 2
Yarn: Artyarns Supermerino ( 3 skeins)
Needles: 4.0mm & 4.5mm

First time using this yarn and I absolutely loved it! Soft, squooshy, perfect stitch definition -- all of the superlatives. I'll definitely be looking for it again. It was on sale and looked a bit garish on the skein (as some variegated yarns can do) but I decided to chance it and was very pleasantly surprised how softly the colours blended.

The buttons were absolutely perfect -- hand carved -- sigh! They were found at a yarn store in Pt. Moody called Black Sheep Yarns. It's about a 1/2 hr. drive from my place in a beautiful spot and is filled with one treasure after another. Sometimes I go into places that are so crammed full of yarn that all I see is a blur and I walk out with nothing. Not so, here! I don't think I've ever left empty handed :)

The pattern was a joy and I've already made another larger, longer sleeved version in a different, equally fabulous yarn that I'll tell you all about later!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Very nice! I loved making Émilie's Tiny Tea Leaves :)

Kellee said...

ohhh, how sweet! :)

yoel said...

Super cute!

Preeti said...

Such a sweet sweater and those buttons are perfect. I agree about Black Sheep Yarns being such a great shop, I never leave empty handed either!

Rachel said...

Oh wow, that's really beautiful, and the colors are perfect!